FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 03/07/2015
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 19-20-21/10/2015
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Faculdade de Letras - Universidad de Coimbra (Coimbra, Portugal)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Maria Helena da Cruz Coelho(FLUC/CHSC-UC) Carmen Soares(FLUC/CECH-UC) Inês de Ornellas e Castro(FCSH-UN/IELT)
INFO: call - web - firstname.lastname@example.org
From Prehistory to the present day, the tangible and intangible evidence of food in history and culture make clear that the table - understood in its full sense of production, preparation, consumption and associated behaviors and rituals - is not limited to the satisfaction of primary and biological needs for survival. From earliest times, humans have left clues to how taste influenced food choices, which are imprinted in the tangible and intangible memory of the past.
The 3rd Portuguese and Brazilian DIAITA Conference will be held under the auspices of the transnational project DIAITA: Lusophone Food Heritage, from the 19th to the 21st October 2015. Discussion will revolve around two problematic practices, namely the precepts and concepts of food and nutrition, which have not always been easy to reconcile, as history shows. Nevertheless, the harmonization of pleasure and well-being, those two pillars of good diaita, is much to by desired.
The main objective of this conference is to identify and analyze both the historical and the cultural manifestations of this "gastronomic seduction", and the dialogues that the delights of the table (and their deprivation) establish with health care, particularly with the physical and psychological well-being of individuals.
Proposals for papers are accepted in several fields of knowledge (History, Literature, Arts, Archaeology, Anthropology, Media, Nutrition), covering all historical periods and treating the advertised topics in the world of Lusophone culture, as well as comparative studies that direct discussion to other cultures or to the influence of one over the other.
- registration deadline: 3rd July
- deadline for acceptance/refusal of submitted papers: 17th July
- registration fee payment deadline: 5th September
Registration Fee for Communications
1. Exemption of fee payment:- members of the DIAITA project: Lusophone Food Heritage- members of the organizing research centers: CECH-UC, CHSC-UC, IELT-FCSH (U. Nova de Lisboa)- FLUC and FCSH students
2. Registration Fees:
2.1 speakers with PhD: 70 Euros
2.2. speakers without PhD: 30 Euros
Registration for general audience:
1. Registration fee: 20 Euros
2. Exemption of registration fee:
- members of the DIAITA project: Lusophone Food Heritage
- members of the organizing research centers: CECH-UC, CHSC-UC, IELT-FCSH (UNova)
- FLUC students
3. Admission free for those who do not need certification or the promotional materials of the conference.
- registration deadline: 15th October, 2015
- registration fee payment deadline: 19th October, 2015
Payment by bank transfer (preferred):
APEC-Associação Portuguesa de Estudos Clássicos
IBAN:PT50003502550021072963061 (Código do País: 50 ; Código da Agência: 0035)
Type of banking transaction: Inscription CLB
Copy of transfer should be sent to: email@example.com
Payment can also be handled personally at the Instituto de Estudos Clássicos.