CALL. 01.05.2016: Borders and Boundaries. 7th Annual Postgraduate Interdisciplinary Conference - Lee
Recent events have provoked much debate on the transgression of geographical borders and the impact this has on the lived experience of the global community. This throws up many questions as to how we define boundaries, be they geographical, social, cultural or psychological and what happens when these boundaries are broken.
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 01/05/2016
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 20/06/2016
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Devonshire Hall (Leeds, England)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Department of Classics within the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies - University of Leeds
INFO: web - firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers can address, but are certainly not limited to, the following suggestions:
· the division or integration of academic disciplines or academic institutions and a public audience.
· comparative literature
· difficulties in translation
· geographical borders and their shifts over time
· taboos in art, literature and culture
· tackling research boundaries with respect to methodologies and ethics
· pushing limits in performance
· cultural divisions and concepts of “self” and “other”
· reception studies
· intertextuality and the limits of genre
· psychological wellbeing and emotional boundaries
· geographical profiling
The conference aims at an interdisciplinary approach, allowing for conversation across departmental and institutional lines and encourages contributions from all fields. Postgraduate scholars from all disciplines are invited to send an abstract of 250 words to email@example.com by 1st May 2016. Presentations will be 20 minutes long followed by a short discussion.