CALL. 30.04.2016: John Chrysostom and Severian of Gabala: Homilists, Exegetes and Theologians. Leuve
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 30/04/2016
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 07-09/11/2016
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Katholieke Univeristeit Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Johan Leemans (KU Leuven); Geert Roskam (KU Leuven); Peter Van Deun (KU Leuven)
The conference will be structured around the following themes:
(1) John Chrysostom and Severian as homilists (use of rhetoric, preacher-audience)
(2) John Chrysostom and Severian as exegetes (use and interpretation of Scripture)
(3) John Chrysostom and Severian as theologians (content and theological style)
(4) A state of the art on Severian of Gabala
(5) Studies on individual sermons
Proposals are invited for lectures of 30 minutes. The good proposals exhibiting a comparative perspective will be given preference, when there are too many very good paper proposals offered.
Paper proposals contextualizing sermons by making links with other writings of Chrysostom or Severian or those of other writers are also particularly welcome.
Proposals (between 250 and 500 words) may be sent to the organisers, no later than April, 30, 2016.
Johan Leemans (email@example.com)
Geert Roskam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Peter Van Deun (email@example.com)