CALL.22.04.2016: Establishing the Global Citizen. Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Global Citizensh
The Ustinov Annual Conference explores the intersection of academic theory and real life practice. The 2016 conference invites practitioners and researchers to engage with the contested notion of global citizenship and its applications. Participants are called to identify, develop or challenge conventional understandings and uses of global citizenship in academia, the public sphere, and in lived experiences.
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 22/04/2016
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 01-02/07/2016
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Ustinov College, Durham University (Durham, England)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Global Citizenship Programme. Ustinov College (Durham University)
Potential questions and themes include but are not limited to:
- What constitutes global citizenship in practice?
- How do rights and responsibilities of national citizenship extend to global citizenship?
- If identity is tied to Otherness, what forms of identity are (re)negotiated in relation to the global citizen?
- What socio-political and environmental challenges emerge in response to questions of global citizenship?
- What moral questions arise from practicing global citizenship?
- What form(s) did global citizenship take in ancient cultures and communities?
Participants are expected to supply their response to key themes of the conference in the format of 15-20 minute individual paper presentations. Please send abstracts (max. 300 words) as an attachment, including your name, affiliation, and very brief biography, firstname.lastname@example.org by 00:00 GMT on 22 April 2016.