go to CONGRESS
The conference will focus on Cyprus in the Classical period, including also late Archaic and Early
Hellenistic Cyprus. The objective is to present and discuss new research, excavations and results,
offering a fresh view on this period.
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 30/04/2017
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 21-22-23/09/2017
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: University of Graz,(Graz, Austria)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Archeology institute, University of Graz
INFO:call- web - email@example.com
CALL: PDF Alemán e Inglés/ PDF Deutch and English/ PDF Tedesco e Inglese
The Institute of Archaeology cordially invites all colleagues to submit proposals for presentations or posters for the conference “Classical Cyprus”, to be held from 21st to 23rd September 2017.
The presentations are limited to 20 mins. Conference languages are English, German, and French.
The deadline for submitting proposals and abstracts (max. 300 words, max. two illustrations, publication permitheld by the author) is 30th April 2017. The Conference Committee will eventually decide on the selection and the format of presentation. Young scholars are especially encouraged to submit their papers.
The conference will focus on Cyprus in the Classical period, including also late Archaic and Early Hellenistic Cyprus. The objective is to present and discuss new research, excavations and results, offering a fresh view on this period.
Suggested main topics are, though other proposals are welcome:
• Contacts, influences, exchange, trade (Athens, East Greece, Persia, etc.)
• City-kingdoms: administration, residences, representation, iconography, numismatics, history
of kingdoms and their abolition
• Society: public and private life
• Religion: sanctuaries, cult, votives
• Settlements: types, architecture, infrastructure, public buildings
• Burials: typology, grave stelai, funerary practices
• Single objects: ceramics, sculpture, terracottas, etc.
• Historical and cultural conditions in Archaic Cyprus and impacts on Hellenistic Cyprus
• Digitising ancient heritage, methods, archaeometry
There will be no conference fee. Limited travel funding for accepted speakers according to need - if their travel expenses cannot be funded by their own institution or employer - can be made available thanks to the generosity of the A.G. Leventis Foundation. For more information contact the Conference Committee.
Venue: Meerscheinschloss, Festsaal, Mozartgasse 3
The Conference Committee:
Maria Christidis, Antoine Hermary, Gabriele Koiner, Anja Ulbrich