go to CONGRESS
The Classical Association of the Canadian West invites proposals for papers for its 2017 conference, to be held at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada on March 17-18, 2017. The theme of the conference is ‘Texts, Lives, and Gods’. The confirmed keynote speaker is Professor Mark Munn (Penn State).
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 30/11/2016
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 17-18/03/2017
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Department of Classics and Religion at the University of Calgary, Calgary (Alberta, Canada)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Jessica Romney ; Lindsey Driediger Murphy ; Reyes Bertolin Cebrian
INFO: web - email@example.com
We welcome papers on any topic within Classics, including:
• personal expressions of religion: votive inscriptions, private dedications, divination
• sacred texts
• biographies and hagiographies
• boundaries, fringes, and definitions of private/public, religion, magic, the self
• relationships between humans and the divine: rebellion, punishment, atheism, faith
• specific sources for ancient lives, experiences, and/or religions
Papers from students and scholars in any country will be considered. Papers are also invited from upper-level undergraduate students for 1-2 undergraduate panels on 17 March.
Abstracts for 20-minute papers should be submitted to Jessica Romney and Lindsay Driediger-Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2016. Abstracts should include the following information:
1) Name, affiliation, and email address
2) Current level of study (if student)/current position (if post-doctorate)
3) Title of proposed paper
4) 300-word abstract
5) Audio-visual requirements (if any)
6) Any accommodations required for accessibility/religious observance
Decisions will be communicated by 15 December 2016.