go to CONGRESS
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 01/02/2018
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 07-08-09/06/2018
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Lampeter campus, University of Wales Trinity St David (Lampeter, Wales)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Fiona Mitchell
INFO: call - facebook - firstname.lastname@example.org
The stories told about the beginnings of the universe, of places, or of peoples explore how the unfamiliar space and time before us came to be the word in which we live now. Most give a clear explanation of how the space of our world came to be, but fewer of them give a clear explanation of how the chronological framework in which we live came into existence.
This conference will explore the ways in which ideas about time and chronology are integrated into the stories about the beginnings of places, spaces and peoples. This could include (but is not limited to):
· the linear or cyclical structure of time in cosmogonies
· the personification of time
· deities associated with time and creation
· the starting or restarting of chronological structures at the point of someone’s birth or the founding of a new location
· philosophical approaches to the origin or nature of time
· ideas about origins of peoples or places before the beginning of time
We are seeking speakers from across the arts and humanities. We are therefore interested in receiving abstracts from academics and PGRs working on ancient or contemporary religions and philosophy, and scholars working on literary, textual, epigraphic and iconographic sources.
Papers will last 30 minutes each with 15 minutes of discussion.
If you are interested in giving a paper, please send abstracts of no more than 300 words to Fiona Mitchell at email@example.com by 1st February 2018. Abstracts should be word documents (.doc/.docx) or PDFs. Please do not include your name or email address in your abstract.