go to CONGRESS
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 15/04/2019
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 13/06/2019
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften (München, Germany)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: The Prolepsis Association; Thesaurus Linguae Latinae.
INFO: web - call - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prolepsis Association in collaboration with the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae is organizing a workshop on the history of lexicography and encyclopedic literature, and lexicography as a profession from antiquity to the present. The event will take place at the Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften in Munich, home of the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae, partly in celebration of the 125th anniversary of the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae.
We are soliciting abstracts proposals about topics such as (not exclusively):
– ancient, medieval and modern lexica and encyclopedic works concerning the Greek and Latin language;
– cases of correct and incorrect lexicographical interpretations, revisions, misunderstandings;
– biographical portraits of famous (ancient or modern) lexicographers or encyclopedists (e.g. Photius, Stephanus, Egidio Forcellini, etc.);
– the history of lexicographical scholarship;
– lexicography today: what is the job of a lexicographer today, and the role of the digital humanities?
This workshop will be structured in three sessions, two in the morning and one in the afternoon, with a total of nine speakers. Each paper will last 20 minutes at most, and a short discussion will follow each presentation. An introductory speech by the Generalredaktor of the TLL, Dr. Michael Hillen, will begin the workshop.
The most relevant papers may be selected for publication. The official language of the workshop will be English.
Early career academic researchers are invited to send an anonymous abstract, not exceeding 300 words, to the email address:email@example.com by 15 April 2019.
Successful speakers will be notified by 30 April 2019.