go to CONGRESS
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 01/09/2019
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 16/11/2019
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Swansea University (Swansea, Wales)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Universities in Wales Institute of Classics and Ancient History
Call for papers for the 2019 Universities in Wales Institute of Classics and Ancient History Conference, theme ‘Narratives of Power’. Each paper should last for approximately 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A. Abstracts from any discipline within Classics, Ancient History, and Egyptology are welcomed.
Please submit abstracts to email@example.com by 1st September 2019.
Possible avenues could include (but are not limited to):
• Discussions of the nature of ‘power’
• Interpretations of the meaning of ‘power’, for example, philosophical, moral, and/or ethical interpretations
• Dicussions of narratives which could be considered ‘powerful’
• Discussions of ‘powerful’ individuals, for example, deities, rulers, politicians etc, within a narrative or narratives
• Discussions of ‘powerful’ groups, for example, political groups, religious groups etc, within a narrative or narratives