CALL. 15.09.2019: [PANEL 1] The Lost Latin Historiography of Late Antiquity (IMC2020) - Leeds (Engla
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 15/09/2019
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 06-07-08-09/07/2020
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: University of Leeds (Leeds, England)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Paweł Janiszewski; Aleksander Paradziński.
The Missing Link. The Lost Latin Historiography of the Later Roman Empire (3rd-5th century)” project, funded by the National Science Centre Poland, aims to collect and study cases of lost or fragmentarily preserved history works composed in Latin in the Later Roman Empire and their authors. In line with this goal we invite scholars at all career stages to submit proposals for twenty-minute papers relating to the subject of “The Lost Latin Historiography of Late Antiquity”.
Suggested topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
· Identity and biographies of authors of lost history works
· Transmission of fragments
· Regional idiosyncrasies of history writing in the Roman Empire
· Audiences and networks of authors – composing history as a social activity
· Defining history – categories and limits of historical genres in Late Antiquity
· History writing in the post-Roman West – continuity or a break?
· History of the scholarship on the lost and fragmentarily preserved Latin historiography
Please send paper proposals in English of no more than 300 words to Aleksander Paradziński (email@example.com) by 15 September 2019. Please note that conveners are, regrettably, unable to cover the congress registration fee and travel expenses.