CALL. 31.01.2020: Early Medieval Bioanthropology 2020. New approaches to Early Medieval funerary con
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 31/01/2020
FECHA /DATE/DATA: 14-15-16/05/2020
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Departamento de Ciências da Vida, Universidade de Coimbra (Coimbra, Portugal)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: Sofia Tereso (CIAS/IEM/UC); Tomás Cordero Ruiz (IEM/NOVA FCSH); Catarina Tente (IEM/NOVA FCSH); Ana Maria Silva (CIAS/UC); Vítor Matos (CIAS/UC)
INFO: call - email@example.com
Researchers from any field of study who are interested in new approaches to early medieval funerary contexts in the Centre and North of the Iberian Peninsula are invited to present poster proposals on the following topics:
· Nutritional behaviors and the relationship between dietary components, cultural practices, physiology and particular aspects of health and disease;
· Occupational stress markers;
· Population variations depending on the genetic structure or the existence of adaptative processes related to the environment;
· Markers of demographic phenomena that may have affected the dynamics of populations;
· Ancient DNA (analysis of haplogroups and human genome);
· Analysis of documental sources from the period related to health, medicine, and funerary practices.
The program includes a poster session where authors will briefly present their work. This is an opportunity to show and discuss their research, as well as interact informally with other participants. Posters may be submitted in Portuguese, Spanish or English. Deadlines:
Deadline for submission of poster proposals: 31 January 2020 Abstracts of up to 300 words should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Notification of poster acceptance: 1 March 2020. Instructions for posters:
Posters should be presented in A0 format (841mm (width) x 1189mm (length) and handed into the organizing committee on the morning of the first day of the meeting.