CALL. 05.10.2020: UWICAH 2020: Themes of Isolation in, and in the study of the Ancient World - Micro
FECHA LÍMITE/DEADLINE/SCADENZA: 05/10/2020
FECHA CONGRESO/CONGRESS DATE/DATA CONGRESSO: 20-21/11/2020
LUGAR/LOCATION/LUOGO: Microsoft Teams (Online)
ORGANIZADOR/ORGANIZER/ORGANIZZATORE: H. Bohun; T. Humphrey.
INFO: Twitter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts from any discipline within Egyptology, Ancient History, and Classics are welcomed. Papers should be 20 minutes, with around 10 minutes for questions and discussion. This is a great opportunity for post graduate students to practice presenting a paper, in a friendly and supportive environment. Please submit abstracts (approx. 200-400 words.) or register you interest in speaking to email@example.com – feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Deadline for abstract submissions is October 5th 2020.
You can interpret the topic however you like. Possible ways on how you could interpret the topic are:
· The narrative of a particular character from myth or history, e.g. Medusa.
· A group of people within society, e.g. Hermits, immigrant/minority populations etc.
· Geographically isolated areas such as islands, oases and deserts, and the communities associated with them.
· Languages, language features, words, phrases etc. that could be described as ‘isolated’ in some way.
· More abstract papers on disciplines or time periods that have been isolated in academia.
Poster Presentations: In addition to the papers, we would also like to offer the opportunity to submit a digital poster presentation based on the conference theme. Again, you can interpret the topic however you like, and this can be as part of your ongoing research, or an idea for a new line of research/study. We will be creating a digital booklet containing these poster presentations, together with the abstracts of the main conference papers.
Some of the papers given at last year’s conference are currently in the process of being published. We are looking into offering the same opportunity this year, so please let us know if this is something you would be interested in.